Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Fireside Capelet

Hello all, I hope you are well. I am so out of sync with my makes and blogging about them, due to just busy, busy, busy family life. The days just fly past at the speed of light which I do find unnerving and some days I can barely catch my breath, but then suddenly a few hours of peace and quiet descend and I feel restored and balanced once more.


A while ago I made this little capelet for myself from the same pattern I used for the capelet in my giveaway. It's such a quick, easy pattern - an absolute joy to make up! 


I do love wearing it as well, it feels so soft and really does keep me warm without feeling too cumbersome. The yarn I used is Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran in colour 202. It looks quite grey in the photos but is a bit more light duck egg blue in the flesh - as it were.


I'm really getting into the whole shawl wearing thing, there is something very special in wrapping yourself up in something handmade that keeps you warm - I guess I feel like I'm giving myself a cuddle. And we all need a cuddle now and then, right?


I did have to laugh at myself whilst trying to get a decent photo of me wearing my capelet. (My daughter helped me in the end one morning before school) I was trying to use the mirror in my bedroom, thinking I could achieve some artistic effect (ha, ha). It wasn't working at all and I was pondering the best plan when I noticed my Betsy Hare I had made for my little one sitting on the bed.


Don't you think we look the same with our granny shawls? 
Her ears are bigger than mine though. Just.

Have a good day

'till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment