Thursday, 28 January 2016

Things on my needles Thursday


Happy Thursday everyone!

I hope your week is going well, I thought I'd share with you my WIP's today - and as I'm a tad late for a WIP Wednesday post, it will have to be a Things on my needles Thursday!


This is the Brill Shawl pattern by Anna Wilkinson from the Spring 2014 issue of Pom Pom mag. I loved this design from the minute I saw it on the pages and knew I wanted to knit it. It has been a long time coming and now it's on the needles I'm super excited to get it made. At the moment the rows of knit stitch are very long - over 400 stitches I think, but there are decreases every other row so if I persevere it will get to the stage where the rows are more manageable and I will see quicker progress. It's definitely an enjoyable knit, the yarn is lovely to work with. It's Quince & Co Finch which I bought the first time I visited Loop in Islington, and it is a treat to work with.



And my husband is getting socks! Yes he's been hinting for long enough that he wanted some so I though it was about time he had a handmade pair. Beales had put loads of sock yarn in their sale bin so I took the opportunity to pick up this multi-coloured delight for him.
It's Regia Design Line by Arne & Carlos (Beltesakk Color). I've just put 'Beltesakk' in Google translate and it came back 'tracked zag'. I thought this was quite interesting, does it mean a type of zig-zag? Or maybe it's just another word for patterned stripes? Let me know if you know what it translate to :o)

I'm looking forward to settling down this evening to work on either or maybe both these projects, better get some jobs done first though...

'till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment